Thursday, May 21, 2009

Heading Out Again!


Saddle up! I'm heading out to color some states. The adjacent map indicates states in which Betsy and I have ridden. Saturday morning we pull out north and east to color up some more.

Other than paying a visit to my good friends Bob and Karen K. in Connecticut I have no set agenda, or place to visit, I've just sort of picked a couple of places I'd like to see and the rest will be "turn east (or north, or south) here, and let's see what we see." Any suggestions as I move northward would be welcome. Don't mean I'll do it, but, as my southern friends often say, "You cain't never tell."

For an added "wrinkle" I've programmed several eating places visited by Guy Fieri on the Travel Channel show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives into my GPS. I hope my stomach and head can get together long enough to check a couple of them out. Just what my cardiologist ordered, huh?

So...suit up, we're going in.

Jerry

3 comments:

  1. Have fun!! Should make for a great trip. My family makes that drive every single year (Houston - Cape Cod) leaving in May and returning in October. There is lots to see!!

    If you do make it to the cape, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drawing a straight line (which you won't travel) you could include the hotel in Memphis where the ducks parade thru the lobby twice a day, to and from the elevator and the roof. Fun sight.
    Crossville, Tenn. has a Bear Trace course we loved and another that required mountain goat sensing. Any ride in eastern N.C.,western Kentucky, eastern/central Penn.and eastern, central and upper N.Y. are great.
    In case you are going thru Wisc. to get to upper Michagan, it is also a great area to ride. Check out the Kohler resort and the town. Beautiful. Going thru Michagan, the locks in Sault St. Marie is very interesting. I would stick to the west side at least to Kalamazoo before cutting across. That is unless you want to cut over and go thru Canada to Niagra, which is also a great ride. Wish I could remember some good resturants but I can't. We normally ate in the RV. Good luck and we are envious. Leonard and Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep me posted when you'll be in the area (so to speak). If you don't make it into Fred, I'd still like to see you . . . even if I have to ride to meet you somewhere.

    ReplyDelete