Saturday, June 6, 2009

Trip Summary


Total Miles - 4,688
Total Days - 16

Mileage:
Betsy I - 37.96 MPG
Betsy II - 34.81 MPG





Comparison:
Betsy I - 1500cc, 737 Lbs
Betsy II - 1700cc, 884 Lbs

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives:
Visited 5
Open 3 - Food was good!


The road magnifies events. When they are good, they are really good; when they're bad, they can be really bad. The days in the cold and rain in New England were fairly miserable, though I was prepared and dressed for most of it. The time spent looking for and not finding, and replacing my lost oil filler cap was not where I wanted to spend my time and worry, but these events were more than made up for by visits to great friends Bob and Karen, and Claye and Sylvia; and the great weather days like the ride down the eastern shore of Delaware, the ride with Claye through the beautiful Virgina countryside, and wonderful, friendly Tennessee.

The journey is the reward.

2 comments:

  1. Jerry, I love to read your blogs! Feel like we're riding along with you! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry, I missed these blog updates until now. You always bring a smile (or three) to my face along with a few chuckles. Thanks for the fun report!

    I always look forward to sharing some road time with you . . . wherever we are.

    Ride On!

    ReplyDelete